20 MOST COMMONLY ASKED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Interviewers usually follow a set pattern of questions to gain information about you; your personality, your achievements, how you would approach working for a new company and your goals for the future.
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions in an interview. It is important to prepare yourself, as the answers you give and the way you deliver them, could be the difference between the interviewer saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Tell me about a time others disagreed with your recommended course of action, how you dealt with this and what were the results?
3. Describe a situation where you worked effectively as part of a team to accomplish a goal on time and within budget. What was your role? What did you learn?
4. Describe a situation in which you worked as part of a team but your team failed to accomplish the goal on time and within budget. What was your role? What did you learn?
5. What are your goals (or career aspirations)?
6. Describe a complex problem you had to solve and walk me through your thinking as your solved it.
7. Describe a situation you feel you should have handled differently.
8. How do you think you will fit in to this company?
9. Tell me about a time when you had to win someone over to your way of thinking. How did you accomplish this? What was the outcome?
10. Can you tell me something about yourself?
11. Why did you leave (Or why are you leaving) your previous job?
12. Why do you want to work at this company?
13. How would your current boss or a team member describe you? What would he/she say are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
14. Why do you think you’ll be a good fit for this company?
15. What motivates you and what de-motivates you?
16. If you’re hired for this job, how will you approach the first 30 days?
17. How do you prioritize your time?
18. Tell me how you’ve added value to your job over time.
19. Describe a situation when you took a risk professionally. What was the outcome?
20. Describe a situation in which you aspired to reach a goal. What obstacles did you confront along the way? What did you do to overcome them?